Autoranging Power Supplies
Series NCA / MCA from 55V to 3kV / 750W to 9kW
The NCA/MCA series is an auto ranging power supply design in which the power supplies operate over the full range of their output voltage and current, up to the units maximum rated output power.
This results in an operating range which is up to 3-times wider than that of a more conventional power supply. When fitted with the optional computer interface, the MCA/NCA series become versatile programmable power supplies.
In principle, the rectified line voltage drives a square wave generator, whose AC voltage is transformed, rectified and filtered, producing the output voltage. For regulation, the square wave voltage is pulse width modulated.
Output power ratings: 750W to 9kW
Output voltages: 55V to 3kV
- auto ranging characteristic with constant power limitation
- 5 power classes and 6 Voltage classes: 55V to 3000V
- up to 1500V with floating output
- compact size (19" case), light-weight and high efficiency
- short-circuit and flashover proof